Epic Charter School provides families with various health resources regarding child health and information on common illnesses during the school years. Below is a set of resources as well as link to county health departments.
Common Childhood Illnesses
We’ve gathered some information regarding some of the most common childhood illnesses that could affect your family. Included in this list are links to other helpful health resources.
- Fifth Disease
- The Flu: A Guide for Parents
- Head Lice
- Center for Disease Control: Meningitis
- Kids Health: Meningitis
- Strep Throat
- Amoeba Sisters: Fun, scientific way of learning about scientific topics. Includes videos on viruses and bacteria.
- California State Department of Health County Health Departments
- Dental Health
- Additional information can be found on the Kids Health website.
General Well Being
Children who exercise regularly are known to perform better in school and other activities. Below are some good resources about exercise and some fun songs for younger children to enjoy.
Having to deal with a bully can be difficult no matter the age of the child. The resources below provide valuable information to parents and students on bully prevention and how to curb bullying behavior in a child.
Growing pains can be hard, especially for the growing teen. Below are fun and informative resources regarding the physical and emotional aspects to teen health.