The Epic Reads Challenge is for Epic Charter School students in Kindergarten through 8th Grade only. The challenge is to become better Epic readers and have some great adventures through good books.
This reading challenge will be for the months of October, January, and March only.
- October (four weeks—Oct. 2nd-30th) – Reading logs due on Oct. 9, 16, 23, 30
- January (four weeks—Jan. 1st-29th) – Reading logs due on Jan. 8, 15, 22, 29
- March (four weeks—March 5th-31st) – Reading logs due on March 12, 19, 26, and April 2.
How to Participate
All students in Kindergarten through 8th Grade are encouraged to participate.
- Students in Grades K–2 must read a min. of 25 minutes, 5 days a week – totaling 125 minutes.
- Students in Grades 3–8 must read a min. of 35 minutes, 5 days a week- totaling 175 minutes.
Weekly reading total minutes will be reported using this form: EPIC READS READING LOG
Students who reach their monthly goal will be awarded a $10 Amazon gift card at the end of the challenge month. Any student who reaches the monthly goal for all three months will be put in a drawing for a $50 Amazon gift card at the end of the Epic Reads Challenge.
Students will do the following…
- Read books, electronic books, or MYON books on their independent level (Lexile level).
- Record reading daily on their reading log.
Parents will make sure…
- To monitor student reading.
- To assist your student in keeping the reading log and report the weekly total at: https://california.epiccharterschools.org/epic-reads-reading-log/
- Weekly reporting must be completed each week by the following Monday. (example–reading for the week of Oct. 2nd-6th must be reported by Mon., Oct. 9th).