Some would say that all things are connected.
In this episode of All Things Epic, we explore various types of connections being made at EPIC. From students connecting with area community colleges and building friendships to connecting to online resources for learning. We even visit with Steven Angel from the Drumming For Your Life Institute to hear how they use rhythm to create neuro pathways that speed up the ability to read!
Resources Mentioned in the Podcast…
While some portions of the podcast contain things specific to our school in Oklahoma, we’ve made a point to link to similar resources in the southern California area just for our families here in sunny CA!
- Theater and drama programs – Use our Vendor Directory and search “theater,” “acting,” or “drama” to find vendors in your area that can get your child connected to all things drama!
- Children’s Theatre Group of Southern California FB – While this group is not directly affiliated with EPIC, it may be worth reaching out to if you’re interested!
- 24/7 Homework Help at Epic Charter Schools – Connect with your teacher about this FREE service for our EPIC students!
- Epic Charter Schools Official FB – A great place to see what other EPIC teachers and students are up to!
- Homeschooling Mom – This is not mentioned in the podcast and is NOT affiliated with EPIC, but a great resource!
- Drumming For Your Life Institute – This is a California based program.
- MyOn Library – Visit with your teacher about accessing FREE books online.
- Accelerated Reader – Talk with your teacher to get connected. We even reward students for meeting or exceeding their AR Goals!
- AR Book Find
- Six Flags Read to Succeed – Talk with your teacher about this one, too!
- Chipotle Reading Program
Login Information may be needed in the following links. If necessary, you may need to contact your teacher about accessing these.